- To evaluate and train the patient in self-care activities such as dressing, eating, bathing and personal hygiene to maximise independence.
- Aid in maintaining and improving joint range of motion, muscle strength, endurance and coordination.
- Assessing home and work environments of clients and deciding what adjustments are needed.
- Advising on adaptive equipment to help clients with daily activities.
- Developing physical rehabilitation programs to help clients regain lost skills.
- Helps the patient explore vocational skills and avocational interests.
- Educating caregivers and family members of clients on patient care.
- Evaluating results and progress of occupational therapy on clients.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and technical progress in order to provide clients with the best treatment program available.
-Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
-Ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
-Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.